“To provide funding for needed programs and facilities which enhance the educational experience at Hightower Trail Middle School and which are not currently paid for by the PTSA.”
Our Goals for the 2012-2013 School Year:
To raise at least $25,000 in our Annual Campaign to purchase one or more mobile computer labs for our classrooms: These computer labs are stocked with laptops that are used by all grades in all subject matter areas. They allow our students to learn to use many different computer applications through actual practice in their classrooms. The purchase of an additional mobile computer lab this year will increase the number of available mobile computer labs to three, so that there will be one for each grade level. We hope to be able to make additional purchases so that more of our students can use these laptops at the same time.
To continue to hire a Cobb County Police Officer: The officer directs traffic from 8:00-8:45 am, covering the high-traffic time before the county’s crossing guard arrives.
To continue to maintain outdoor learning environments for our students: A portion of our funds goes to the maintenance of the outdoor amphitheater classroom, and the Nature Trail (used for Week in the Woods). In addition, we maintain the lobby aquarium, which enhances the learning environment for our students.
Thanks To Your Support, in past years, the HTMS Husky Foundation has provided:
- Interactive Smart Boards: Exciting high-tech, educational hardware purchased and installed by the Foundation in numerous classrooms at school
- A fully equipped computer lab: Purchased technology and wiring to establish a fully-functional computer lab with desktop computers and printers
- Outdoor Learning Areas: Provided construction support for the outdoor Amphitheatre; provided outdoor electrical system, lattice and wood sealant; purchased and installed 12 benches accommodating 72 students; provided maintenance for the Nature Trail.
- Locker maintenance: Hired and paid for a locker maintenance and repair company to ensure that all lockers function correctly for years to come
- LED Sign: Helped purchase and install this attractive and useful communication tool at the school’s entrance
- Guidance Office Furniture: Purchased new furniture for a warm & welcoming environment